Sunday, February 26, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching Friends

Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!
I have just returned from my annual retreat with the most wonderful quilting friends. We have been retreating together for more than 10 years and we have such a great time together. We stay up too late, we eat too many treats, we laugh too much (is there such a thing?), we sew until our bodies are cramping and in pain, and we catch up on the happenings in each other's lives. It's so fun and rejuvenating to be with like-minded people who share your interests and really "get" you.
There was lots of inspiration to enjoy and I wanted to share some of it with you. Here are 6 types of hand work being enjoyed this week (by some of my favourite humans!)...





Cynthia is taking some applique stitches on a wool project by Primitive Gatherings.






Andrea is binding a baby quilt, with such an adorable backing.








Jackie is creating unique crafter's jewelry by hand.








Gail is knitting socks using yarn that makes these fancy patterns.









Helen is hand quilting a huge log cabin bed quilt for a wedding gift.







I made some hand embroidered strawberries on my next Life is Beautiful block.

I hope you will be inspired by seeing these hands at work, to take a few stitches on your favourite project. We'd love to see what you're making today, and hope you will post a link below to your hand stitching blog post. 

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

20 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I am sooo happy for you that you enjoyed your retreat and had such a wide selection of hands on fun there with your friends... I love the block you are working on with your Life quilt blocks... thanks for hosting on Sundays... and thanks for keeping me blogging again! Kathi

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a beautiful variety of work projects ! :)

Jill said...

Most definitely, I am inspired by your retreat friends. Lovely hand work. I have yet to attend a retreat. Sounds like fun. Glad you all had a great time.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love sewing with my friends and a retreat is a perfect place to reconnect. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Sarah said...

There is nothing quite like stitching with like minded people! You sound as if you had great fun and seeing other peoples work is so inspiring!

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

Turid said...

Looks like a fantastic meeting, and with many different techniques on your works. Always fun to meet friends with the same hobby.

Jackie J said...

Yes, it was an amazing week! So many of us with all different projects!

Cathy said...

What a diverse group of projects! I've never been on a retreat. Someday...

Deb A said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with friends.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You must have had a ball. I am finally working on some applique today, and will post that soon for linkup next week.

Barb said...

quilt retreats are a wonderful way to spend time with friends and stitch together.
fun to see what everyone worked on.

Marie said...

Those kinds of retreats are so good for the soul. You've got wonderfully creative friends (no surprise!).

Stephie said...

Very inspiring Kathy - especially the four needle knitting! Have a lovely evening stitching :)

Deanna W said...

Thought you might be away on your quilty retreat.Guess Barbie wasn't doing any hand stuff.Looking forward to our retreat this summer. We just have to get together on a date.

Miaismine said...

What a variety of slow stitching projects! Sort of represents our friends, right? We all have different interest but make beautiful music together :-) thank you for sharing such a beautiful post!

Missy Shay said...

That looks like so much fun!

Dar said...

I loved the way you photographed your friends' hands at work. That is such a varied bunch of talent all shared by friends that are special to you. I can identify with several of those pictures (most days of the week).

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Awesome! So many fun activities! What a retreat! I've always wanted to go! Maybe I will just have to host one myself!

Marti said...

I've always wanted to go to a retreat with friends. The problem is I don't have any friends who want to go. lol Sounds like a great time though.