Monday, February 20, 2017

Clarissa Design Wall

Another Clarissa block is already finished! This block was finished in record time due to all the piecing I've been doing (which means lots of opportunities for leader-ender piecing). 

This is the block centre made of 4 QST blocks. It measures 4.5" and includes one of my favourite plaids.







Here is the growing block with the next round of brown homespun and tiny dot QSTs. It measures 8.5"
The last round of QSTs with an argyle print and a light tan stripe. The finished block measures 12.5"

I really enjoyed working on it, but when I put it on the design wall, it looked quite pale. And when it was put beside all it's friends, well it's a totally blah block.  That's okay... not every block needs to draw attention to itself.

Total triangle tally: 1,152!
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.

17 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

I really like this block... I love them ALL though :) Kathi

Deanna W said...

I don't think it is blahhhh at all...it fits in nicely with the rest of its friends!

Julierose said...

I like the way some blocks fade in and out a lot; draws your eyes around I feel. this is a very pretty one..so soft and lovely What a great set of blocks you've made hugs, Julierose

Ariane said...

I love your block. Once you have them all done they will all look wonderful together. They already do!

Katie said...

I also believe it blends in nicely and not 'blahhh'. It actually looks much like the lower left block. The outside border "reads" like spots. As Julierose mentioned above the blocks "move" with the different textures. Lovely.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty soft colors very nice!

Teresa said...

wow, you have been busy, beautiful work

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful and such peaceful colors.

Mary said...

Lots and LOTS of Triangles. I find the Hourglass Units to be much easier to sew from the Bonus Triangles than HSTS. Your quilt is going to be SEW FUN!

Teresa said...

They are all impressive..very nice work

Janet O. said...

This block will give your finished quilt more depth. Isn't that what we always tell ourselves? : ) But it is true!!!

Missy Shay said...

I am loving your blocks and the colors you are using! The top block is my favorite.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like them - the colors are very pretty!

gayle said...

I am madly in love with Clarissa!

Ellen said...

Great blocks!!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks!

Candace said...

I love these blocks together! How many are you planning to make? I have seen many vintage quilts where there were value changes from block to block. It just adds interest, and often it is what makes the quilt sing.