Saturday, August 01, 2015

Scrappy Saturday

With such a busy week, I have not had nearly enough time in the sewing room to keep me sane. I hope to remedy that with lots of sewing time this weekend.
I did cut and sew a few little Alamo Star blocks. This is the order of construction of the 17 pieces in this block.
I am finishing up the blocks cut from my red scraps last month, and switching over to the colour of August which is dark blue/indigo. 
I have lots of that colour in my scraps and hope I have the time to do it justice this month!
Hop over to SoScrappy and see what the Rainbow Challenge folks are up to.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

It is amazing how much of your tiny block gets taken up in the seam allowance. The sequential shot really highlights just how small it really is.

Katie Z. said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Marly said...

Lovely little stars.

Kate said...

Love the bright reds!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These little stars are so precious!

Bonnie said...

Looking good. If I remember correctly, they are really SMALL! Looking forward to seeing them put together.

Nell's Quilts said...

I always find it so much fun at the beginning of the month, searching out the new colour and cutting into it! Ah pure joy! Great little Alamo stars with that indigo background.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Who would have ever thought that there were 17 pieces in each of your little Alamo Stars?!?! Thanks for sharing the building of a block.

Mari said...

I do love the Alamo stars. They're so lovely!

Janet O. said...

I think it is fun how the small blocks really shrink up as they are sewn together.
I know, I am easily amused!

gayle said...

I love tiny little blocks. Yours are magnificent!

Sheila said...

Such cute tiny stars!

Nann said...

Your Alamo Stars inspired me to make a bunch of Christmas ornaments some years ago. How many of these cute little blocks have you made, do you think?