Friday, July 03, 2015

Scrap Squad Project

I haven't done a lot of blog posting this week, but I sure have done a lot of sewing. I am working on my next Scrap Squad project for Quiltmaker magazine, which will be posted mid month assuming said quilt is actually finished! 
Somehow I am going to turn this collection of bits and pieces into a finished quilt by then.
Stop laughing... it could happen!
Mostly I am really bored with my colour choices. I wanted to clear out my Kansas Troubles scraps, and am not loving the dullness. If you check out my other two scrap squad projects, you will notice that this one is really not like the others!  But I know it will magically turn into a lovely quilt.
Has anyone seen my magic wand...

12 comments:

KaHolly said...

You'll make it happen!

Julierose said...

The colors look warm and cozy to me..."hocus pocus jimminy ocus"--voila you'll do it for sure...hugs, Julierose

Gina said...

Good luck. It's hard when your fabric doesn't inspire you anymore

Gina said...

Good luck. It's hard when your fabric doesn't inspire you anymore

Deb A said...

Good luck, I know you can do it. I find that depending on the season different fabrics inspire me. Those would be quickly be sewn in the fall for me =). Now where could that magic wand be? If you have trouble finding it I'll have Emily wave one of hers for you today - maybe the bippity boppity boo one!

Dolores said...

If you finish it as a lap quilt, you could donate it to a nursing home. You could make placemats and a table runner and give it as a gift. I have a quilt that I'm not keen on and I made it to use up some older fabric. It's in the cupboard and I am tempted to donate it somewhere.

scraphappy said...

Even if they aren't your favorite colors anymore, they could be somebody's favorites for sure. Best of all, since it is a deadline quilt, you will finish it even if the colors aren't making you smile every minute.

Janet O. said...

I love KT fabrics and have made many quilts from them (just finished a mini in them), but after using them I always have to do something more colorful. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

KT is that fabric pallet - finish it. I know you can. Then pull the brightest piece of fabric off the shelf and make a mini - you will back on an even keel.

Missy Shay said...

I have a hard time working with nuetral colors also, but the quilt always turns out fine and I'm sure yours will turn out great!

Scrappy quilter said...

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Kate said...

It's hard to sew with colors you aren't thrilled with, but hopefully you've been able to stick with it. I'm looking forward to checking out how this Scrap Squad project comes out.