Saturday, July 04, 2015

Happy July 4th

Happy July 4th to my American blog readers! I hope you enjoy fireworks, picnics, parades and lots of family fun as we did here in Canada on July 1st.
And it's a special day for the Rainbow Scrap Quilters. We have a new colour to work with for the month of July - red.  I love pure red, not so much the orangey reds, so I dug out the red scraps that I really like, and made a couple of red sprout blocks for my new RSQ project (free block pattern is here).
Hop over to Angela's and see what the other quilters are sewing with their red scraps. 

18 comments:

scraphappy said...

New projects are so much fun. Especially little sprouts just starting to bud.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely red sprouts. I'll have to remember them when thinking about a new project for next year.

Mary said...

You 'Sprouted' a NEW project. Very Scrappy!

carol fun said...

I LOVE your sprouts! I checked out the pattern and want to play with it... just need more time! Have a happy 4th!

Bonnie said...

I love how your lights are actually red on whites. Clever girl!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Thanks Kathy! Happy 1st of July late to you! LOL Love the sprouts!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Love those sprouts. I am reminded I have a large cache of those that must get sewn together.

Jeanne said...

Love your sprouts, Kathy! Red will be a fun color to work with this month.

Janet O. said...

I really like that background print with the little red pinwheels. So festive! : )

Linda said...

Lovely! Warm greetings from Montreal. :)

gayle said...

This looks like such a fun project! Looks great in reds.

sunny said...

Great job! I really need to start this pattern.

LA Paylor said...

those look great! I like any shade of red. LeeAnna

Angie said...

Love the look of the red sprouts!

Lesley said...

Those red sprouts are just the perfect color!

Sheila said...

Love those red colors and prints. This is such a cute pattern.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a happy project!

Kate said...

Love those bright reds!