Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Finish - Donation Quilt

I am happy to say that I finished a quilt this week! But I can't take all the credit for this quilt. It really was a group effort that I came in on at the end. 
The quilt top was pieced by quilt guild members at bee day, using scraps cut 3" x 5.5".  It was then pin basted by guild member Lindsay, and passed on to me for machine quilting and binding.


There was a complex quilting design drawn on with a frixion pen, but I just ignored that and did some simple straight diagonal lines.

When the quilting was done, I ironed the quilt and the marks came right off. 
The binding was started on Sunday and I finished it last night.
This quilt will be donated to the community outreach project in the hopes that it will brighten up someone's life, and provide them with a little comfort and warmth.
Happy Friday everyone!

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great finish. The diagonal grid was a great quilting choice.

Marie said...

It's fun when everyone can pitch in and do their little bit and before you know it, a finished quilt. This one is bright and cheery and will make someone's day - good on you all.

Julierose said...

Oh how lovely--someone will be thrilled--love those blues and yellows--very spring-ey hugs,
Julierose

Barb said...

It will certainly brighten up someone's life...wonderful

Deanna W said...

I think blue and yellow just says happy and sunshine. Good finish!! Kathy check out my blog today for the fun stuff I got this week!!

Deb A said...

What a wonderful group effort. The quilting on it is perfect.

swooze said...

I like your quilting pattern. I think when you sew across the blocks it adds a lot of interest to a simple block or design. Took me a minute to see that you sewed corner to corner of two blocks.

Scrappy quilter said...

Such a wonderful quilt for a great cause. The colors are awesome!

Sheila said...

Great quilt. So many pretty prints I love blue and yellow together. I'm sure someone will love it.

Lesley Gilbert said...

A great quilt for a great cause - does the heart good :)

Jeanna said...

Perfect!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Blue and yellow will certainly cheer up someone . . . Lovely!

Lisa J. said...

It's a great little bright quilt. Thanks for doing this Kathy.