Saturday, February 28, 2015

Scrappy Saturday

It is the last week for using up pink scraps over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I didn't get as much done with my pink scraps as I had hoped this month, so I might extend my pink sewing into next month. I did add some pink scraps into two finished quilts this month - a Valentine's Day quilt and my Scrap Squad quilt.
And another appliqued pumpkin seed block was finished to add to my collection. I have been making these seed blocks since the summer of 2013 and have quite a collection. But I don't have enough blocks for a large quilt yet. 
The pumpkin seeds are sewn on 4" squares, so the finished block is 7". If I want a layout of say 9 blocks by 11, I would need about 100 blocks. I have 45 blocks made so far. It's a great take along project, so I will keep sewing the seeds :)


To see more Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, hop over to SoScrappy.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great background on your pink seeds. It is a great take along project. Glad you are almost halfway to your goal.

Deb A said...

Great seed blocks! I was quilting some purple ones last night =).

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the scrappiness of your seed squares!

Julierose said...

Really neat seed blocks...great teacup too ;-)) hugs, Julierose

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice blocks and pink scissors!!! Do you have different coloured scissors to use each month???

Scrappy quilter said...

Nice blocks. I used up a large amount of my pink scraps because I didn't have many to start with.

Deanna W said...

The pink ones are so pretty as is your tea cup!! Those colours would have me sewing for hours!!

Mary said...

You are almost halfway to that Magic Number 100. Keep stitching! Pretty in Pink!!!

Kate said...

Very pretty pinks. Stay warm!

Jeanna said...

These seed blocks scare me but they are so pretty! I love the pink :)

Janet O. said...

I really like the little chick background fabric. I am so impressed with your patience. I think I would have made a doll quilt a long time ago and called it good! : )

Stephie said...

Very inspiring Kathy :) I'm tempted to join in with this challenge, but I was a bit confused - can you make anything, or do you have to follow the Irish Chain style pattern that SoScrappy seems to be featuring? I love your pumpkin seeds - I'm tempted to pinch your idea too!!!

Sheila said...

Love those pink and neutral fabrics in your pumpkin seeds block. Love you CUP and scissors!!