Saturday, December 20, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Carrie Nation

This month I have been sorting through my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have been participating in this challenge since Angela started it in January of 2011. I have accumulated a lot of blocks and want to get some of these into finished quilt so I can start new projects next year. 
The focus for December has become my Carrie Nation block collection because I really don't want to make more of these blocks in 2015. I am focused on filling in the colour gaps.
Over the past week I cut and sewed 8 orange blocks, and am pleased with the variety of dark to light oranges that I could come up with.
This week I am hoping to work on the green scraps to make a few more blocks. And then in the week after Christmas when there is more sewing time, I plan to get this top together.
To see what other projects are being worked on, hop over to SoScrappy.

20 comments:

Ellen said...

Sounds like you have a plan and I am looking forward to seeing your finished top. I do love orange....

scraphappy said...

You did find a nice variety of oranges. It can be a difficult color for both quantity and range. Your blocks look great and I am looking forward to a finished top very soon.

Katie Z. said...

Lovely blocks. My orange stash is sadly slim, as I too, find it extremely difficult to find good oranges!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love orange!

Chantal said...

Yumm! Orange blocks! I ♥love♥ ♫ORANGE ♪♪ It is so beautiful and cheery and citrus! Yumm. Good luck with your plan. Can't wait to see all the blocks together.

Teresa in Music City said...

Love those oranges Kathy! It will be nice to see this quilt as a colorful flimsy :) I've got some blocks that I need to finish up into quilts from the RSC too - thanks for the reminder!

liniecat said...

Seems a shame not to make any more when you make them look so good lol
But then I guess there are so many other blocks to make - so roll on 2015!

Cathy said...

Looking good. It's going to be fun to see the final result. I'm thinking about my projects for next year, but am going to leave the serious planning and organizing until after the 25th.

Janet O. said...

Ah, this is a favorite color of mine--glows with warmth. Looking forward to seeing this top come together.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your oranges, some are too harsh for my taste, but love these.

AnnieO said...

Orange can be hard to find! Your blocks look great. I'm going to look into the challenge.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

So exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing the final project.

Kate said...

Your orange blocks make me think of sherbet. I'm hoping for more sewing time next week. To much holiday prep going on to spend much time in the sewing room.

Sheila said...

Love those yummy orange blocks. Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together : )

Karen said...

You have so many orange scraps. I seldom have much in the scrap basket in orange. Maybe because most together on the shelf....even the smaller pieces because they can be pumpkins. I have enjoyed seeing your scrap blocks this year. A new year of them to go.

Sarah said...

Nice orange blocks. And so focused- well done!

Deb A said...

Great variety in your oranges. Sounds like you have a plan for a year end finish. Looking forward to seeing it.

Missy Shay said...

I like your blocks!

sophie said...

I made a bunch of orange blocks to fill in the holes on one of my RSC projects ... the blocks are all made; now all I have to do is put it together ;-)

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks, Yes love how the colour is dark to light.