Thursday, August 21, 2014

UFO of the month - 4B's

August's UFO is coming along nicely. I have now covered the 4 B's - border, backing, batting, and binding. I found a wonderful piece of paisley yardage in my stash that was perfect for the border and binding, and bought a pretty blue wide yardage for the backing.


The quilt is now pin basted and I have prepared my machine for quilting. 
I always change my needle and oil my sewing machine before I start machine quilting a new project. 
The plan is to quilt vertical scalloped lines with my free motion foot. 
Off we go....

15 comments:

Gina said...

Love the quilting idea. Will look great xxx

Kate said...

Love the border fabric you picked. Happy stitching.

Ellen said...

I love the paisley!

Barb said...

Awesome....love your 4 B's

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

border, backing, batting, and binding.

Funny how once a flimsy, we stumble over the easy part, those four b's.
Love this quilt, great visual use of hexagons!

Deanna W said...

You make machine quilting seem so easy!! Wish I loved it as much!!
Can't wait for the finished product.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the light/dark setting for the hexies - beautiful quilt

Butterfly George said...

Can't wait to see this one quilted.
Have fun! G

Janet O. said...

It is the fifth B that always stalls me--basting! : )

beaquilter said...

fun quilt, did you use the GO cutter for it? great idea.

Lisa J. said...

I'm interested in seeing how the quilting turns out on this one.

Rebecca in AK said...

Congratulations on getting to the quilting part! I love the border fabric you picked!

Terry said...

Your border and backing fabric are perfect for your quilt! It's beautiful! :0)

Andee said...

Loving this one! Perfect border fabric!

margaret said...

you make it sound so easy! great hexies and such a variety of fabrics I can see here