Friday, April 18, 2014

FNSI and Mid Month UFO Report

TGIF! It's Friday Night Sew In... are you sewing tonight?!?! I plan to sew until I can't keep my eyes open. I might even make more progress on this month's UFO, which is Countdown to Christmas by Temecula Quilts.  I must admit that it does seem quite odd to be working on a Christmas quilt on Easter weekend!

However, the machine quilting is coming along well and I am actually ahead of schedule for a finish this month! That's a first!
It has been a perfect size to quilt and it has been very relaxing just stitching straight lines.
Next up is making a binding and a label!

10 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love the quilting on your Countdown to Christmas! Since I won't get to sew this morning, I definitely plan to be sewing tonight.

Jo said...

Quilting looks good.
I have been sewing all day/night today. I have just finished quilting a friends quilt.
Will take photos in the morning.
Hope you get yo the binding

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt and have really enjoyed watching your progress on it. It makes me want to make one too!

Deanna W said...

A finish is a finish no matter the quilt or time of year! Happy Easter friend!

Mary said...

YEP, I'll be joining you in Spirit clear across the continent. Happy Stitching!

Janet O. said...

DH will be camping with scouts tonight--I will definitely be sewing!
I like the straight line quilting on this little quilt!

Rebecca in AK said...

Love your Countdown to Christmas quilt!! I am on a count down to Christmas right now. I hope to make each of my grown children a bed size quilt for Christmas!

margaret said...

coming along well, may I ask how when a quilt is made up of many colours how you decide what colour to quilt it with, also if they are sample blocks do you use the same quilting pattern on the whole quilt, i am so confused re quuilting

Sandra said...

Newbie popping in from FNSI. I am working on christmas presents so I think we are both OK
Happy Easter

Bonnie said...

Good progress. You'll be done in no time!