Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Votes For Women


I am finally making some progress on my
Grandmother's Choice VOTES FOR WOMENquilt sampler.
It was a bit of a challenge to get the design of those background pieces going the same direction, but it turned out great.

Next up was Block #16 Capital T and it was really fun to sew.
It was in the Capital T (for temperance) posting that I first saw the word "Quixotic"...isn't that a great word?!? I am looking for places to use it! I am not only learning new quilt block patterns and history lessons, I am learning new vocabulary!
The Votes For Women sampler quilt is now up to block # 23, so I am quite a bit behind but hope to catch up soon and am enjoying sewing each block.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Both blocks look great, but I especially love the warm tones in #16.
I feel I am very Quixotic in my vision of how I want my machine quilting to look! How is that? : )

Kimme said...

Your blocks are beautiful Kathy.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. I'm way behind too and need to spend some time catching up.

Karendianne said...

Grandmother's Choice is most excellent and I have a thing with that word as well. "Quixotic effort" dig it.

Linda said...

Great blocks! I'm going to have to play catch up when I get my obligation quilt finished. I'm close...I love these blocks and am pining away wanting to work on them...Your colors are great!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Every time I see 'Votes for Women' I want to go watch 'Mary Poppins' again. Great blocks.