Monday, February 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday #6

My sister and I have been working on a couple of projects for a silent auction to raise money for my brother's upcoming surgery. He will be in hospital for about a month, and needs to have a private room during his recovery, so his friends are putting together a fundraiser to pay the hospital bill.
This is the New Year's Eve mystery from Fabricaholics Anonymous and will be a lap size quilt made from batik scraps. I think it looks nicer in real life than on the computer screen!
Here are all the columns pinned together and ready to make into a quilt top. 
Then we just need to find a fabric or two in the stash for a border and binding.

Hop over to Patchwork Times to see more design wall postings.
And remember that the Hugs and Kisses blog hop starts today. My day to post is Wednesday, so come on back to visit to see my new heart quilt!

15 comments:

Kate said...

Hope the fund raiser goes well and does well. Love the rich colors in your mystery quilt.

Rhonda said...

This is a great quilt of colors for a fund raiser. Great luck to you!!

Bonnie said...

What a great thing to do. That quilt looks so stunning in batiks. I started it in other colors and didn't really like it plus I just didn't have all that much fabric in colors I liked. Sigh... Great job.

Judy said...

Awesome quilt!!! Another quote that has to be added to my bucket list!

Judy said...

Awesome quilt!!! Another quote that has to be added to my bucket list!

Nann said...

What a great design!

Chris said...

Great design! Perfect for batiks.

Sheila said...

Beautiful fund raiser quilt. Rich colors. I hope all goes well with the auction and your brother.

Janet O. said...

I think the quilt looks great on the design wall. Hope it raises lots of money! Is there a way we can donate--a Paypal account or something?

Jeanne said...

The quilt will be beautiful. I hope it raises lots of money to help your brother. Prayers for a successful surgery.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow... this looks amazing! I think batiks are hard to photograph and always look wonderful in person. When I go to a quilt shop I'm always drawn to the batik sample quilts.

AnnieO said...

Oh, it's very pretty on my screen! What wonderful sisters you are :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Good luck on the fundraiser Kathy! I'm sorry your brother will have to be in the hospital that long - bummer!!! Your quilt looks very striking - wonderful colors!!!

Joy V said...

Beautiful quilt. Best of luck with the fundraiser - hope you get enough to pay for his hospital stay.

Nina Marie said...

ohhh this is a great use of pattern - love the rhythm of it!