Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you are celebrating Thanksgiving today...have a wonderful day of being thankful! It is just a regular working day for us here in Ontario, Canada, but tonight I am attending an annual Thanksgiving party being hosted by my American friend, and we love to celebrate with her... I get two Thanksgiving dinners every year, one in October and one in November!
I made a little hostess gift for her and stitched up this tea towel.
For the first time, I used the Sticky Fabri-Solvy. It seemed like such a waste of an entire sheet to print only one design, so I put the paper back through the printer and printed another design on the other end. I don't have a clue why it printed out in two different colours!
The pattern is from Bird Brain Designs. If you are on their email list, they send out free link ups to seasonal designs and this was one of their patterns (no affiliation, but I am a happy customer). 
I wish I would have purchased their tea towels also, because I think the one I bought at Canadian Tire was too thick, and the Solvy pattern wouldn't stick to it! I ended up pinning the pattern to the towel and it worked okay. It did not gum up the needle at all stitching through the Solvy sheet.
Once the design was stitched, I cut away the extra Solvy around the embroidery, and dunked it in the sink to dissolve the rest. Once the towel was dry, the stitches looked a little loose, so it will be interesting to see how the stitches look after the towel has a good work out tonight drying all those dishes from the festivities!
Happy Thanksgiving... let's gobble!

4 comments:

cajunquilter said...

Very sweet pattern. Even though it isn't thanksgiving there, have fun at your friends!

Kate said...

How cute! Enjoy your second Thanksgiving dinner.

Jeanne said...

Cute towel! I hope it passes the test tonight. Lucky you getting to celebrate twice.

Janet O. said...

Very nice little hostess gift. Not many people think of that anymore.