Monday, July 02, 2012

Design Wall Monday #24 - June's Quilt Square Quilt Along

On my design wall today is my block for Jo's Quilt Square Quilt Along called "Corn and Beans". It took a while to finish this 12" block...
that's a very big pile of HST's to make, and lots of points to try not to chop off!









These are the last two quilt along blocks I've made (I can't find the other finished ones at the moment!) I just love the Pure Sweetwater  scraps I am using up. You can click here to see the quilt I made last year which generated all these scraps. I might be will be a little sad when I have used up the last scraps (it's a sickness I tell you!!!) 
The fabric reminds me of my wonderful trip to the Vermont Quilt Festival last year when I bought the fabric...sweet memories.
Last month Janet commented that my colour combo was like a "gentle breeze". It reminds me of the sand and the beach...maybe I should call it "Peaceful ocean breezes from Vermont"?!?!
To see the fantastic parade of "Corn and Bean" blocks, hop over to Jo's blog. It's amazing how each one looks so different when they were made from the same pattern.
And to see more design wall postings, hop over to Judy's blog. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Candace said...

Wow, when I first saw it I thought it was '16' blocks. Awesome, my fingers are fumbling just thinking about it. The fabrics are lovely and looking at the two blocks it's easy to see that the quilt will be amazing.

Béa said...

Wow, this block is my favorite & this fabric definitively a winner !

Janet O. said...

Another beautiful quilt square, Kathy. I can't imagine doing all of those bitty HSTs! The fabric combo continues to sooth and calm. Very nice. : )

Darlene said...

Love it, Kathy. We have ocean front property in Arizona, too. LOL

AnnieO said...

Wow, that is a lot of tiny HSTs to mind points on, indeed. Love it!

audrey said...

Your corn & beans block is wonderful. I'm so terrible with all those little triangles I won't even try it! Love the colors of your quilt!

Julie in the Barn said...

Fabulous! I love the corn & beans block and your fabrics make it a stunner.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your quilt square looks great! And I love your blog header! That was an interesting exercise for the quilting challenge. ~Jeanne

Jean said...

YOu have more patience than I do, making this 12" block. I thought it was bigger at first too. My my....

Kate said...

Love the Corn and Beans blocks. The color combo is pretty too.

Lynn said...

Great job on your Corn and Beans block, and also sticking with your plan to use up your scraps for these!

Lynn said...

Great job on your Corn and Beans block, and also sticking with your plan to use up your scraps for these!