Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Civil War Quilt - Last Blocks!

I have finished all the blocks that I am going to sew for my Civil War Quilt...woohoo!!
This is Block #50 - Grapes of Wrath. The blog post recalls the interesting story of the writing of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic".








And last but not least, is Block # 52 Christmas Star. I used up a lot of odds and ends to piece this block, and it doesn't look anything like a star!


Now I will hunt around my sewing room and collect up all the blocks and see what I have ended up with. 

11 comments:

Elaine M said...

Congratulations! They look great.

Karen said...

Wonderful blocks Kathy and lovely fabric.

AnnieO said...

Very scrappy star block. I don't see a star either! But both blocks look wonderful. What a great journey you've made in CW prints.

Mary said...

Congrats on finishing 50! I am still trying to get to mine this month. Haven't made it yet- Busy Week with Guild and stuff! I like the scrappiness of the Christmas Block.

Janet O. said...

Can't wait to see the collection when you round them all up. The colors can't be beat!

Kate said...

Congrats on getting all the blocks made. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Will we see all the blocks on your design wall on Monday??? I am looking forward to seeing all of them at once and how you are going to set them.

Happy sewing!

Gail

Jeanne said...

Good for you, Kathy! I'm looking forward to seeing how you set your blocks.

Deb A said...

Congrats Kathy! They look great. Can't wait to see them all together.

Floss said...

Yay, the blocks are looking great. Looking forward to seeing them together

Helen in the UK said...

Bet it feels good to have all those blocks made. They look like they might be different sizes (?) so I can't wait to see how they all go together :)