Monday, December 14, 2009

Design Wall Monday

Just look at what's on my design wall today?!?

3 finished Christmas gifts!!
I have 3 siblings and this is of the gifts that will be in their Christmas package this year. These candlemats are 12" scaled down versions of Marcie's 2007 free pattern. The original size tabletopper pattern  (which is 24")  is still available on her site - click here. Marcie has a lot of beautiful patterns available to purchase - click here, PLUS a new Christmas quilt freebie called Christmas Punch - click here. I won't have time to make the new design this year, but hey, I'm only 2 years behind in finishing my candlemats...eventually I catch up!!

I think they look great with these tealights, but these were a gift to me last Christmas and I love them so I'm not giving them away! I'll give them another candle to go with their mat.
Tonight I hope to be finishing this quilt which has to be delivered to my office by Wednesday.
Tomorrow I'm making gingerbread!

7 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

Those are really nice candle mats. I love her patterns and have made a few of the them.

Lauren Phelps said...

So cute!! I love the design and your fabrics!

Brenda said...

These are lovely presents.

Libby said...

Your mini trees are just darling - such a great pattern *s*

Khris said...

I love these...I saw the pattern the other day on the website and thought they would be lovely made up...well done..hugs Khris

Diana LaMarre said...

I would have never thought to put pinwheels with trees, but I really love the finished block. I bet your recipients did, too.

Jeanne said...

Those turned out so cute! I'm sure they were loved and appreciated. This one is still on my 2 Do list.